Wednesday 30 July 2014

Humanity



Am I human or am I humane? Or, am I human and am I humane? There are times when I am not sure at all. Consciously and sub-consciously, I am the former while conscientiously I think I am failing in the latter. I don't know how to change or from where to begin the process. All I know is I have become a follower to things that have come to be more commonplace and yet oblivious to the underside of these commonness. 

The commonplaces present the facade of kindness while the commonness displays all the harshness ignored by the tranquillity of kindness. However, there aren't any super-heroes like the ones in comic-books and literary works of fiction to spring forth and take away all the darkness and despair. And I have come to crave such super-heroes. 

Yet I know that super-heroes aren't born. They are made and forged into their heroic stature by circumstances. They don’t start out by being infallible but it is that their fallibility gives rise to them becoming stronger and more profound individuals character-wise. Going by this, I start to think maybe – just maybe – I could make a stab at things to. Not to be a super-hero, but just to be a better person with more courage and heart to stand beside the rights and step up to the wrongs. 

I don’t want or need medals, nor do I require any sort of acknowledgement to state whether I was with a good cause or whether I was standing up for something that was definitely against societal justices. All I need at the end of it all is for my consciousness and my conscience to be in agreement. 

To be not merely human, because I was born one; but also have humanity, as nature intended for me to have, separating me from all of its other creations.

No comments:

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Rekindling past glories, India's winning road takes a new turn

  A popular refrain throughout the recently wrapped-up Test series between Australia and India was that the matches were a throwback to the ...