Thursday 13 November 2008

a prayer for the fighter......

I am jittery, I am nervous, I am tensed and my nerves stretched to the point of bursting...[isn't nervous supposed to mean that? I don't know and I don't care....] I am slurring my words starving myself and most of all praying that you do well......
Its when you win that gives me warm comfort like a blanket in a cold evening. For once I concentrate on things on hand without worry lines creasing my forehead.
You are a winner through and through, its just one more that will matter....
my hopes pinned on you, I cry when you are injured, when you miss the shot....berations like I never did before.
Its for you I wait and wait...even though I just get to watch you from miles apart, from the t.v set that caters to so many, I feel like I am there....monitoring you, watching myself in the big screen at the court......
When you play...... it is sublime magic and as the day grows and more of it unfolds I can't wait to get enough....I crave for more, satisfy myself with reruns when the live diappears.......
and now, when you are gearing to battle it out for one last time......I feel the heat again
I am jittery, I am nervous............its the same thing again.....
This time though......my prayers are as if my life depended on it!!!!!!

No comments:

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Rekindling past glories, India's winning road takes a new turn

  A popular refrain throughout the recently wrapped-up Test series between Australia and India was that the matches were a throwback to the ...