Sunday 6 June 2010

A tribute


Caught between hatred and contempt,
Harbouring rancour and detest,
Favouritism, giving way to disregard...
I failed to perceive your innate humility and tenacity...

Your victories evoked vindictiveness,
while your losses signified vindication,
Passion for one, oft leading to cacoethes of another...
Objectivity conflicting and losing against prejudices...

Change, though you brought about,
Made me see, made me reflect;
Where I was wrong, whenever I was wrong...
Repent - like I never did before...

Respect and admiration with heartfelt gratitude,
Is all that I can offer;
Profound the way I look at things now...
For, sometimes first impressions never make lasting ones...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

really touching..that too when it is about Rafa, I can simply smile

Ron said...

Thanks Dee...I just wrote what I was feeling...

Nikhil Nadipelli said...

Written right from the depth of the heart....

yes, sometimes first impressions never make lasting ones...

Wonderful thought.

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Rekindling past glories, India's winning road takes a new turn

  A popular refrain throughout the recently wrapped-up Test series between Australia and India was that the matches were a throwback to the ...