Monday 6 June 2011

Truth and Lies

When I learnt to speak...
No one told me what to say,
What to talk and what to hide...
I learnt all by my own self;
When I grew up,
I learnt to adapt...
Learnt to lie and felt that was cool,
I said untruths and denial became my life...
Where was the truth, the atom of honesty?
There was none, but who actually searched for the same?
Things were simple and things were easy...
Truth complicated matters, did it not?
That's what I thought, what I deduced...
But then truth ended matters...
Falsification and lies ---made me lie even more...
What's better, what's not?
I am not to judge...
For I am as depraved,
As any human who took the crookedly simple lane...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roh! I absolute love this simple, honest, beautiful, straight from the heart poem. The angst of the heart, the brevity of the expression, brilliant! I am gonna feature this on our blog "What is Right?" with your permission and with a link to your post. I love it with all my heart and it has touched a chord in me as I keep on asking myself the same but not so elegantly. You have sheer talent little one. - Di

Saru Singhal said...

True, truth is indeed very complicating. You narrated what how people feel at home with lying. It does make life simple. Though we question ourselves at times but you follow the simple life of lying and live it.

Simple and beautiful expression!

Border-Gavaskar Trophy: Rekindling past glories, India's winning road takes a new turn

  A popular refrain throughout the recently wrapped-up Test series between Australia and India was that the matches were a throwback to the ...